Date   

Update stable tag release date for future stable tag

gaoliming
 

Hi, all

edk2 stable tag 202108 release date is updated as below. And, rc0 tag is
created for SFF, rc1 tag is created for HFF. If the feature is for 202108
stable tag, please make sure its patches pass code review before SFF date
2021-08-09.



Date (00:00:00 UTC-8) Description for stable tag 202108

2021-05-28 Beginning of development

2021-08-09 Soft Feature Freeze (tag edk2-stable202108-rc0)

2021-08-13 Hard Feature Freeze (tag edk2-stable202108-rc1)

2021-08-27 Release



Stable tag planning
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Plannin
g is also updated.



Thanks

Liming

发件人: devel@edk2.groups.io <devel@edk2.groups.io> 代表 gaoliming
发送时间: 2021年7月5日 9:09
收件人: devel@edk2.groups.io
抄送: leif@nuviainc.com; afish@apple.com; 'Kinney, Michael D'
<michael.d.kinney@intel.com>; lersek@redhat.com; 'Guptha, Soumya K' <soumya.
k.guptha@intel.com>
主题: [edk2-devel] Update stable tag release date for future stable tag



Hi, all

Based on the proposal in <https://edk2.groups.io/g/rfc/message/684>
https://edk2.groups.io/g/rfc/message/684, Soft Feature Freeze phase (SFF)
will be shorten to 5 days for the reviewed patch merge, Hard Feature Freeze
phase (HFF) will be extended to 2 weeks for downstream verification.
Meanwhile, tag edk2-stableYYYYMM-rc0 will be created for SFF, and
edk2-stableYYYYMM-rc1 will be created for HFF. The detail proposal can refer
to <https://edk2.groups.io/g/rfc/message/684>
https://edk2.groups.io/g/rfc/message/684. For next stable tag 202108, the
proposed new date will be the below one. If you have any comments, please
reply this mail before July 12th.



Date (00:00:00 UTC-8) Description for stable tag 202108

2021-05-28 Beginning of development

2021-08-09 Soft Feature Freeze

2021-08-13 Hard Feature Freeze

2021-08-27 Release



Thanks

Liming


TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - July

Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting



July 8, 2021



EVENTS:

Google Summer of Code:

* TianoCore projects are listed here: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6376892141142016/
* Going well. Midterm reviews are due in a few days.
* Students have started submitting patches. Students need to complete projects by mid-august.
* Community Action: If you see any emails from the students, please provide feedback and support them.



Stable Tag updates:

EDK2 Stable Tag 202108 is collecting features. Please send in if you have any feature requests.

* Details here: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning


Stewards Meeting Download (update from Mike Kinney)

* No download this month.

Opens

* Philippe Mathieu-Daudé (Red Hat) plans to cover OVMF activities, collaborating with Lazlo (Red Hat).
* Mike Kinney updated on - Enabling pull request. Mergify feature is now much simpler and a big improvement on configuration file, maintainers workflow. Maintainers don't have to manually rebase pull request when change requests occur. This feature will be included as part of the upcoming stable tag.



Regards,

Soumya Guptha

TianoCore Community Manager


Reminder: Community meeting this week

Soumya Guptha
 

Hi Team,
I would like to remind you on the community meeting this Thursday, July 8.
Typically, we have the call during the first week of each month. Due to the long weekend last week, I have moved the call to this Thursday.
Please attend the call.

Thanks,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS


TianoCore Community Design Meeting Minutes - Jun 11, 2021

Ni, Ray
 

Thanks to Min for capturing the minutes.

From: Xu, Min M <min.m.xu@intel.com>
Sent: Tuesday, June 15, 2021 3:34 PM
To: Ni, Ray <ray.ni@intel.com>
Cc: Yao, Jiewen <jiewen.yao@intel.com>; Xu, Min M <min.m.xu@intel.com>
Subject: Meeting minutes of TianoCore Design meeting (Jun 11)

Hi, Ray
The meeting minutes of last Friday's TianoCore design meeting is listed below.
I am not sure how to send out the meeting minutes, send it to the community in mail or paste it in somewhere?

Thank you!
Min



Attendees

Min Xu, Jiewen Yao, Thomas Lendacky, Chris Oo, Jiaqi Gao, Bret Barkelew, Erdem Aktas, Qi Zhang, Kevin Davis, Michael D Kinney, Sean Brogan, Ray Ni



Topics
1. TDVF Design Overview v0.9
a. https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/files/Designs/2021/0611/TDVF_Design_Review%28v0.9%29.pptx
b. Slides 1-20 is reviewed in this session.


2. Propose 2 Configurations for TDVF to upstream (https://edk2.groups.io/g/devel/message/76367)
a. Config-A: (slide 6)
b. Config-B: (slide 8)


3. Discussion about the 2 Configurations
a. RTMR:
i. RTMR is not supported in Config-A. But we support QEMU based vTpm in Config-A.
b. PEI phase:
i. In Config-A, if PEI phase is skipped, then the QEMU based vTpm will not work.
ii. Intel need to figure out a way to fix this gap.
1. support vTpm in TdxStartuplib
2. or follow the standard EDK2 flow SEC -> PEI -> DXE ->BDS
c. Page table
i. 5-level page table is considered to be implemented in the future, but not a TDVF task in Config-A


4. The new design review session is booked at Jun 25 for further discussion.


TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - June

Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting

June 10, 2021



EVENTS:

* UEFI Plugfest (update from Dick Wilkins)
* Plugfest is being planned for early April 2022 in Oregon. Detailed planning of the schedule and logistics will kick off in a few weeks.
* ICWG is hosting UEFI Virtual Plugfest webinars, if you are interested in presenting, please send your proposals to UEFI plugfest.

Google Summer of Code (update from Nate Desimone)

* Google has announced this year's Summer of Code students. TianoCore is mentoring 7 students this year, which is more than 3 times larger than our previous high of 2 students! The list of projects is available here: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6376892141142016/
* Students have started submitting patches. Students need to complete projects by mid-august.
* Community Action: Provide feedback to students and support them to be successful.


Stable Tag updates:

* EDK2 Stable Tag 202105 has been released. EDK2 Stable Tag 202108 is collecting features.
* Details here: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning
* Action: Bugzilla needs to be updated with the latest Stable tag info - Mike Kinney will update.
* From Google summer of code projects, if there are any features impacting EDK2 core, we need to make sure that those features get into the stable tag. Mentors need to work on getting those features in and communicate with Liming Gao. Action: Nate Desimone plans to communicate with the mentors and educate them on the process.


Stewards Meeting Download (update from Mike Kinney)

* Discussed process issue - During beginning soft/hard releases, we need to add a RC1 & RC0 tags when soft and hard freeze are announced to support validation. Lazlo plans to write an RFC on this topic. Once this approves, liming may need to update the documentation.
* There is some confusion with Roles and Responsibilities (R&R) between maintainers and reviewers around reviewing packet (push label/merge). Reviewers also have push access. But Maintainer is the gate keeper and should approve the final changes to the package. Action for Stewards: We need to update the documentation (development process, who we are and any other wiki pages that are impacted) and clarify the R&R.
* Enhance support on previous Stable Tags - we will support critical bug fixes and security issues to the most recent Stable Tag.
* Release process between stable tags is typically 3 months. Today we are operating reactively based on request. We want to have a standard process. If there is a critical issue (such as a security issue)/bug fixes in the subprojects, we want to be more proactive by having a standard operating process to have these propagated into our most recent stable tag.
* Action: Liming to update the support of Stable Tags to reflect this change.



Opens

* (Open from Nate) NVME 2.0 just got formally published. Most interesting feature to be evaluated is "Zoned name space" feature. Any UEFI spec changes. Action: Evaluate and determine to see if we need to support this feature. What will be our plan for doing this? A topic for Ray Ni's design meeting. Soumya to communicate with Ray Ni on this topic.
* Update from Soumya: Puja Pandya moved on to pursue another opportunity. Soumya Guptha will continue to lead TianoCore Community Management.



Acknowledgements
Mike Kinney thanked Kevin Davis for doing analysis for UEFI 2.8 specification gaps.


Regards,
Soumya Guptha
TianoCore Community Manager


EDK II Stable Tag release edk2-stable202105 completed

gaoliming
 

Hi, all



The tag edk2-stable202105 has been created.
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/releases/tag/edk2-stable202105

git clone -b edk2-stable202105 https://github.com/tianocore/edk2.git



The tag edk2-stable202105 has been added into the main EDK II Wiki page.

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II



The quiet period has now ended. Thank you for your cooperation and patience.
Normal commits can now be resumed.



Next edk2 stable tag (edk2-stable202108) planning has been added into wiki
page.

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Plannin
g.



If you have ideas for features in the next stable tag, please enter a
Bugzilla for evaluation. Please let me know if there are existing open
Bugzilla entries that should be targeted at this next stable tag.



Thanks

Liming


Hard Feature Freeze starts now for edk2-stable202105

gaoliming
 

Hi, all

Today, we enter into Hard Feature Freeze phase until edk2-stable202105 tag
is created at 2021-05-28. In this phase, there is no feature to be pushed.
The critical bug fix is still allowed.



If the patch is sent after Hard Feature Freeze, and plans to catch this
stable tag, please add edk2-stable202105 key words in the patch title and
BZ, and also cc to Tianocore Stewards, then Stewards can give the comments.



Below is edk2-stable202105 tag planning in
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Plannin
g

Date (00:00:00 UTC-8) Description

2021-03-05 Beginning of development

2021-05-10 Feature Planning Freeze

2021-05-17 Soft Feature Freeze

2021-05-24 Hard Feature Freeze

2021-05-28 Release



Thanks

Liming


Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2021 Projects Announced!

Nate DeSimone
 

Hi Everyone,

Google has announced this year's Summer of Code students. TianoCore is mentoring 7 students this year, which is more than 3 times larger than our previous high of 2 students! The list of projects is available here: https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/6376892141142016/

Big shout out to all our students and mentors! I'm looking forward to a very busy, and fun summer!

Thanks!
Nate


Soft Feature Freeze will start on 2021-05-17 for edk2-stable202105

gaoliming
 

Hi, all



We will enter into Soft Feature Freeze phase on 2021-05-17. In this phase,
the feature under review will not be allowed to be pushed. The feature
passed review can still be merged. Now, most planning features have been
merged.



If the feature plans to catch this stable tag, please make sure it pass code
review before 2021-05-17.



The patch review can continue without break in edk2 community. If the patch
is sent before Soft Feature Freeze, and plans to catch this stable tag, the
patch contributor need reply to his patch and notify edk2 community. If the
patch is sent after Soft Feature Freeze, and plans to catch this stable tag,
please add edk2-stable202105 key words in the patch title and BZ, so the
community know this patch target and give the feedback.



Below is edk2-stable202105 tag planning
https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Plannin
g Proposed Schedule

Date (00:00:00 UTC-8) Description

2021-03-05 Beginning of development

2021-05-10 Feature Planning Freeze

2021-05-17 Soft Feature Freeze

2021-05-24 Hard Feature Freeze

2021-05-28 Release



Thanks

Liming


TianoCore Meeting Minutes - May 2021

Soumya Guptha
 

Revised minutes:

TianoCore Community Meeting

May 6, 2021

EVENTS:
UEFI Plugfest (update from Dick Wilkins):
We are planning a plug fest during the week of April 4th during 2022 in Hillsboro, Oregon.

Google Summer of Code (update from Nate Desimone)
* Google has reviewed the project submissions and will communicate the decisions to those applicants on the accepted projects on May 17th.
* Projects will begin from Jun 7 till Aug 16th.
* Community Action: We encourage entire community to be involved, for getting your input/comments and supporting our mentors. The community can get involved in activities such as code reviews etc.. we need support from maintainers, reviewers. Be responsive on the mailing list. you can respond to students when they post questions on the mailing list.


Stable Tag updates:

o Up to date information: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

o Feature planning freeze scheduled for 5/10/2021


Stewards Meeting Download (Mike Kinney)

* Limited attendance this month.

o We are seeing an increase in EDK2 CI failure/coverage issues. Azure moved to Ubuntu 20 and we are still on Ubuntu 18. There are some gaps (such as emulator package) that we are addressing. There is a specific failure on emulator package that we need to disable temporarily. Ubuntu GCC IA32 EmulatorPkg - 32-bit X11 dependency conflicts. May need to consider adding text console support.

o Action: Mike Kinney will submit an RFC

* Bugzilla 988 (https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=988) - performance issues in handles database.

o DXE core implementation and performance issues on large number of handles.

o Question to the Community: Can we drop EFI 1.02 driver compatibility support from DXE core?

Removing the compatibility will help the performance issues, but not fully resolve them. Risk is extremely low for support. Simple change in DXE core. Base tools still have support for building EDK1 style modules. Action: Mike to start an RFC on this topic.



Opens:
Dick Wilkins - MSFT maintains the list of revoked code signatures for UEFI code modules and loaders for the UEFI Forum and produces binary files that contain revoked signatures for use by secure boot. MSFT has approved the latest update of revoked signatures list for general testing. They are posted at https://uefi.org/revocationlistfile. These files should only be used for testing at this time. Use of these files my cause systems to not boot and should not be used in shipping products without appropriate planning and testing.


Regards,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, Intel Corporation


TianoCore Meeting Minutes - May 2021

Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting

May 6, 2021





EVENTS:
UEFI Plugfest (update from Dick Wilkins):
We are planning a plug fest during the week of April 4th during 2022 in Hillsboro, Oregon.

Google Summer of Code (update from Nate Desimone)

* Google has accepted all of our projects. Google will make that announcement.
* Google will communicate the decisions to those applicants on the accepted projects on May 17th.
* Projects will begin from Jun 7 till Aug 16th.
* Community Action: We encourage entire community to be involved, for getting your input/comments and supporting our mentors. The community can involved in activities such as code reviews etc.. we need support from maintainers, reviewers. Be responsive on the mailing list. you can respond to students when they post questions on the mailing list.


Stable Tag updates:

o Up to date information: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

o Feature planning freeze scheduled for 5/10/2021


Stewards Meeting Download (Mike Kinney)

* Limited attendance this month.

o We are seeing an increase in EDK2 CI failure/coverage issues. Azure moved to Ubuntu 20 and we are still on Ubuntu 18. There are some gaps (such as emulator package) that we are addressing. There is a specific failure on emulator package that we need to disable temporarily. Ubuntu GCC IA32 EmulatorPkg - 32-bit X11 dependency conflicts. May need to consider adding text console support.

o Action: Mike Kinney will submit an RFC

* Bugzilla 988 (https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=988) - performance issues in handles database.

o DXE core implementation and performance issues on large number of handles.

o Question to the Community: Can we drop EFI 1.02 driver compatibility support from DXE core?

Removing the compatibility will help the performance issues, but not fully resolve them. Risk is extremely low for support. Simple change in DXE core. Base tools still have support for building EDK1 style modules. Action: Mike to start an RFC on this topic.



Opens:
Dick Wilkins - MSFT maintains the list of revoked code signatures for UEFI code modules and loaders for the UEFI Forum and produces
binary files that contain revoked signatures for use by secure boot. MSFT has approved the latest update of revoked
signatures list for general testing. They are posted at https://uefi.org/revocationlistfile. These files should only be used for
testing at this time. Use of these files my cause systems to not boot and should not be used in shipping products without
appropriate planning and testing.


Regards,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, Intel Corporation


Re: Community Manager - Introducing Puja Pandya

Pandya, Puja
 

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for the introduction. I look forward to ramping up and working with the community!

Thanks,
Puja

From: Guptha, Soumya K <soumya.k.guptha@intel.com>
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2021 10:49 AM
To: devel@edk2.groups.io; announce@edk2.groups.io; Pandya, Puja <puja.pandya@intel.com>
Subject: Community Manager - Introducing Puja Pandya

Dear Community members,

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to serve as TianoCore Community Manager.
Due to other project priorities, I am stepping aside, and my colleague Puja Pandya will be taking on the Community management role & responsibilities. I will continue to participate as time permits.

A little bit about Puja:
Puja has been working at Intel for 6 years, focusing in firmware tools and infrastructure. Her background includes UX, software engineering and project management.

Please join me in supporting Puja as she ramps into her new role.

Thanks,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS


Community Manager - Introducing Puja Pandya

Soumya Guptha
 

Dear Community members,

Thank you for providing me the opportunity to serve as TianoCore Community Manager.
Due to other project priorities, I am stepping aside, and my colleague Puja Pandya will be taking on the Community management role & responsibilities. I will continue to participate as time permits.

A little bit about Puja:
Puja has been working at Intel for 6 years, focusing in firmware tools and infrastructure. Her background includes UX, software engineering and project management.

Please join me in supporting Puja as she ramps into her new role.

Thanks,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS


TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - April

Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes

April 8, 2021



EVENTS:

UEFI Plugfest (Soumya Guptha):

* No new update this month.
* Currently UEFI is hosting virtual webinars during 2021, listed here (https://uefi.org/events/upcoming).
* If you have topics to propose, please visit uefi.org/events and submit your abstracts.
* ICWG team is planning to host a face-to-face UEFI plugfest in Oregon during spring 2022.



Google Summer of Code (Nate Desimone):
* TianoCore was accepted! 12 students have expressed interest, 4 formal applications so far.
* Expecting more applications before application deadline April 13th
* During the application review process, we will review apps and submit our selections to Google. They will let us know how many slots we can have for our project.
* We currently have 6 mentors, we need about 2 per participant/student.
* We don't have enough mentors, we may need to reject some applications if we don't get enough mentors.
* Community Action: If anyone is interested in mentoring students, please contact Nate DeSimone <nathaniel.l.desimone@intel.com>
o Mentor Responsibilities listed here: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/GSoC2021#potential-mentors
o Time commitment: Requires about 2.5 hours/week over the course of 10 weeks this summer
o Listed on twitter - https://twitter.com/tianocore/status/1379207540005761024



Stable Tag (Soumya Guptha/Liming Gao):

* EDK2-stable202105 is in planning stage. May 10th is the feature planning freeze. Please send your feature requests soon.
* More information here - https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning
* Liming: currently monitoring EDKII community mail list to document change request. Latest data is available on the wiki page. Update notes are also included on the wiki with changes that will impact release planning for the next stable tag.
* Open: Kevin Davis: Is there a plan for someone going through the UEFI specs and verifying requirements/optional features that are not in the code? The current code base is a mixture of UEFI 2.7/2.8/2.9/ACPI etc.
o Response from Mike Kinney: That sounds like a great community activity, would you like to lead the evaluation of that? We do not have that in the plans yet. Building that feature list and working with Liming to set some feature goals would be great. Then we can review the features and figure out a schedule for them
o Response from Kevin Davis: checked with one of his engineers in Insyde, he agreed to work on that. He will provide an update next week after he has a better idea of schedule. Kevin plans to connect with Mike Kinney on further questions/updates.



Stewards Download: (Mike Kinney)
* There are some inconsistencies in our tool chains for enabling symbolic debug
* General concerns that we don't have very good recipes on how to set up source level debug (GDB connection, JTAG connection, UDK debugger etc). There are some things we could do to improve that material.
o Soumya: Q3 effort?
o Mike: observation, no dates yet. Still investigating.
o Soumya: Do you expect features or doc reorganization?
o Mike: combination, requirements will be tracked on Bugzilla for both code and documentation as investigation progresses



Opens:

Soumya Past Opens:
* We have moved to Teams. We will continue to use this for the next couple months, let us know if you're having any issues with connecting to calls using Teams

Pull-requests:
* Mike: Priority wise - this is still one of the highest priority. Actively working on that. Found landing zone for service, will deploy it there for formal evaluation from the community. Will use same server that is hosting our Bugzilla service right now

Soumya:
* Puja Pandya will lead TianoCore community management starting May, Soumya will still attend meetings as able but will be focusing on Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Management going forward. Please provide your support to Puja



Regards,

Soumya





Soumya Guptha

TianoCore Community Manager, Intel


April community meeting moved to Teams

Soumya Guptha
 

Hi Folks,
As discussed earlier, we are moving away from Webex and using Microsoft Teams for all TianoCore Community Meetings.
I have moved the April Community Meeting using "Teams" and moved to April 8th to better align with the Stewards call.

Please resync your calendar.

Thanks,
Soumya

-----Original Message-----
From: announce@edk2.groups.io <announce@edk2.groups.io> On Behalf Of Soumya Guptha
Sent: Tuesday, March 9, 2021 4:02 PM
To: announce@edk2.groups.io
Subject: [edk2-announce] Moving Community meetings from Webex to Teams

Dear Community members,
As I discussed in the last couple of community meetings, we have been asked to move away from Webex and we have been encouraged to use Microsoft Teams. Our Webex license will expire soon (this month). Starting April, we will be switching to Teams.
Folks who attended the community meetings indicated that they are ok to switch to Teams. I would like to inform the rest of the community members as well.

If anyone have issues moving to Microsoft Teams, please send me an email (send me only, and we can discuss how to address).

For linux users, please check out this link - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-microsoft-teams-linux


Thanks,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS


Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2021!

Nate DeSimone
 

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that TianoCore has been accepted to participate in GSoC 2021! If you are a student and are interested in participating this year, feel free to introduce yourself on the mailing list and discuss potential project proposals. You can find a list of suggested projects on our wiki at: https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/Tasks

Thanks!
Nate


Re: TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - March

Rebecca Cran
 

On 3/9/21 5:29 PM, Soumya Guptha wrote:

STABLE TAG:
edk2-stable202102 is in planning stage. Please send your feature requests soon.
you can visit here for more information - https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning
edk2-stable202102 has been released: edk2-stable202105 is in the planning stage.

--
Rebecca Cran


TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes - March

Soumya Guptha
 

TianoCore Community Meeting Minutes
March 4, 2021

EVENTS:
UEFI Plugfest:
Currently virtual webinars are held during 2021 and this will continue to the remainder of 2021. Webinars are listed here (https://uefi.org/events/upcoming). If you have topics to propose, please visit uefi.org/events and submit your abstracts.
ICWG team is planning to host a face-to-face UEFI plugfest in Oregon during spring 2022. Virtual webinars during 2021 are listed here (https://uefi.org/events/upcoming)

STABLE TAG:
edk2-stable202102 is in planning stage. Please send your feature requests soon.
you can visit here for more information - https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning

STEWARDS DOWNLOAD: (Mike Kinney)
No new topics this month.

Please get new RFCs, tech proposals etc.. and bring those in Design Review Meetings run by Ray Ni.

Opens:
1) Community meetings will be moved from Webex to Microsoft Teams starting late this month. No objections from the attendees.
2) Status on - Line ending conversations - prioritized after Git hub pull request. Targeting during 2H' 2021. We need to do some trial repo before we push it. Some files in edk2 repo, we may not be able to convert, need time to experiment.
3) update from Nate Desimone - Tigerlake Min platform released last month on EDK2. Community has been filing bugs. Whitley and Cedar Island Min platform is work in progress.
4) Google summer code (sponsored internship program run by Google) - Nate Desimone sent the application for TianoCore open source to Google. Nate singed up to be the program coordinator. Lot of interest from the community to be a mentor. We will hear by Mar 9th, if we get accepted, we need to get the mentors together and work on processing student applications.


Regards,
Soumya


Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, Intel


Moving Community meetings from Webex to Teams

Soumya Guptha
 

Dear Community members,
As I discussed in the last couple of community meetings, we have been asked to move away from Webex and we have been encouraged to use Microsoft Teams. Our Webex license will expire soon (this month). Starting April, we will be switching to Teams.
Folks who attended the community meetings indicated that they are ok to switch to Teams. I would like to inform the rest of the community members as well.

If anyone have issues moving to Microsoft Teams, please send me an email (send me only, and we can discuss how to address).

For linux users, please check out this link - https://www.windowscentral.com/how-install-microsoft-teams-linux


Thanks,
Soumya

Soumya Guptha
Firmware Ecosystem Enabling Manager, SFP/IAGS


Re: EDK II Stable Tag release edk2-stable202102 completed

Laszlo Ersek
 

Hi Liming,

On 03/05/21 09:29, gaoliming wrote:
Hi, all

 

The tag edk2-stable202102 has been created.
https://github.com/tianocore/edk2/releases/tag/edk2-stable202102

  git clone -b edk2-stable202102 https://github.com/tianocore/edk2.git

 

The tag edk2-stable202102 has been added into the main EDK II Wiki page.

  https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II

 

The quiet period has now ended. Thank you for your cooperation and
patience. Normal commits can now be resumed.
thanks for having managed this release!


 

Next edk2 stable tag (edk2-stable202105) planning has been added into
wiki page.

https://github.com/tianocore/tianocore.github.io/wiki/EDK-II-Release-Planning.

 

If you have ideas for features in the next stable tag, please enter a
Bugzilla for evaluation. Please let me know if there are existing open
Bugzilla entries that should be targeted at this next stable tag.
Yes, could you please re-add
<https://bugzilla.tianocore.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3132>?

Thanks!
Laszlo

1 - 20 of 251