Re: New Mailing Lists

Laszlo Ersek

(answering on announce@ as my understanding is that this is acceptable
and even recommended, or now)

On 05/23/19 20:24, Stephano Cetola wrote:
I've added two mailing lists in hopes of making better use of Groups.io.
Several community members have commented to me that having 1 mailing
list (devel) for all conversations (and patch review) doesn't take
advantage of the Groups.io system and I agree. I met with the stewards
and they agreed that this change was acceptable.

There is now a list specifically for RFCs:

https://edk2.groups.io/g/rfc

Please cross post on the devel mailing list by adding `devel at
edk2.groups.io` to the CC field of the email. This way your RFC will get
the widest distribution.

Also, I've added a general discussion list:

https://edk2.groups.io/g/discuss

As we see new developers and users we want to be sure they have a place
to ask questions or make comments that are not development related.

Questions and comments are welcome.
I received an automated email from groups.io about discuss@: "Subgroup
discuss@edk2.groups.io has been created". It states that discuss@ is a
subgroup of devel@. Does that mean that all emails sent to discuss@ are